SNV is looking for a WASH Project Manager / Senior Advisor
Based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
International Contract, 1 year initial term
Desired start date: June 2015
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation. Founded in the Netherlands nearly 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in 38 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
SNV is dedicated to a society where all people enjoy the freedom to pursue their own sustainable development. We contribute to this by strengthening the capacity of local organizations within three main sectors: Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Agriculture and Renewable Energy. The WASH program in Cambodia contributes to extending access to water and sanitation and improving hygiene with a focus in two sub-areas:
- Sustainable Sanitation and Hygiene for All (SSH4A) in rural areas
- Functionality of Rural Water Supply Services (FRWSS)
SNV’s WASH program in Cambodia aims to improve the health and quality of life for the people in rural areas through enhanced access to improved water supply services, sanitation and hygiene. SNV’s strategic approach involves always thinking at scale, with a focus on learning by doing in the field together with government partners to develop effective approaches that has the potential to be scaled up. In the WASH sector, SNV is currently working in the rural areas in five provinces of Kampot, Kampong Speu, Battambang, Pursat and Siem Reap and is expanding to new provinces in 2015.
SNV Cambodia is seeking qualified candidates for the position of WASH Project Manager/ Senior Advisor. In collaboration with the Sector Leader, the Senior Advisor/ WASH Project Manager will significantly contribute to the overall quality of program content, business development, resource mobilization and knowledge management. The Senior Advisor/ WASH Project Manager will have particular responsibility for the management of the large scale comprehensive sanitation and hygiene project. *Please note that this hire is subject to donor approval.
- Lead, manage and motivate the project team and partners towards the efficient and effective delivery of agreed outputs, outcomes and impact ensuring full donor satisfaction;
- Ensure financial management, budget monitoring and financial reporting in accordance with the donor requirements;
- Ensure uniform understanding and practice in planning, reporting, monitoring, and evaluation of WASH project in line with SNV’s principles and requirements;
- Deliver advisory services to ensure successful planning, implementation and monitoring of WASH project activities;
- Strengthen the relationship and cooperation with existing partners and donors in the WASH sector and identify potential new partners/ donors;
- Ensure good documentation and dissemination of innovative approaches, experiences and lessons learnt in the WASH projects;
- Identify potential funding opportunities and develop concept notes and proposals in cooperation with the WASH sector leader
- Relevant advanced academic qualification in WASH or related field;
- 7+ years of relevant experience in WASH service delivery (specifically in our sub-areas) including at least 3 years in a management role, preferably in SE Asia;
- Proven track record in project management, specifically in project planning, monitoring, evaluation, reporting and financial management for large scale comprehensive projects;
- Strong background in resource mobilization; demonstrated programme design, proposal writing, business development, and international donor relationship management;
- Up-to-date knowledge and experience in rural sanitation and hygiene, including CLTS, sanitation marketing and BCC or comparable approaches;
- International work experience and the ability to effectively coach and lead a team of advisors;
- Established WASH networks and strong relationship management skills;
- The successful candidate will be a self-motivated achiever with excellent intercultural leadership, teamwork, coaching, communication, networking and organizational skills.
Working at SNV: SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, per international standards. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Advisors benefit from, and contribute to, an internal global network of WASH experts. For more information, please visit our website: www.snvworld.org
How to apply
Please apply via our in-house recruitment system: https://snv.devhire.devex.com/jobs/331083 before 24 April, 2015.