We are looking for: A WASH CLUSTER CO-COORDINATOR
Country: In The Kurdistan Region of Iraq, based in Erbil. This position require mobility in Kurdistan Region and to Bagdad
Length of contract: 6 to 12 months starting as soon as possible
General objectives : Ensuring a coherent and effective response by mobilizing groups of agencies, organizations and NGOs to respond in a strategic manner to the humanitarian crisis in Iraq
The position: You will be in charge to:
- Act as focal point at national level for emergency response interventions; through linkage with the Sub-national cluster focal points, identify gaps and needs and leading on resource mobilization.
- Provide WASH technical leadership on quality standards and indicators within the WASH cluster response.
- Provide inputs into response, preparedness and contingency plans
- Identify areas for upskilling and capacity building sub-national focal points and contribute to capacity building activities.
- Act as the WASH members’ liaison and adviser for inputs into cluster funding mechanisms
The applicant: You hold a bachelor degree in Water Sanitation and Hygiene. You have some significant experiences in humanitarian WASH activities (minimum 2 years) in implementing WASH projects in emergency contexts. Also, you are able to coordinate with different partners (local authorities, UN agencies, INGO/NGO) and proven leadership from part experiences.
You have an understanding of humanitarian funding mechanisms. Good knowledge of Cluster system and Wash sector is required.