We are looking for a WASH Cluster Co-Coordinator
Country: Iraqi Kurdistan – Erbil
Length of contract: 12 months starting from the 15th of January 2017
The position: Under the supervision of the Country Director and the WASH Cluster Coordinator, you will ensure a coherent and effective response by mobilizing groups of agencies, organizations and NGOs to respond in a strategic manner to the humanitarian crisis in Iraq.
More precisely, your main responsibilities will be:
- Provide WASH technical leadership on quality standards and indicators within the WASH cluster response
- Act as focal point at national level for emergency response interventions; through linkage with the Sub-national cluster focal points, identify gaps and needs and leading on resource mobilization
- Provide inputs into response, preparedness and contingency plans with inputs from the focal points
- Identify areas for upskilling and capacity building sub-national focal points and contribute to capacity building activities
- Act as the WASH members’ liaison and adviser for inputs into cluster funding mechanisms
- Provide support to all of the above cluster core functions
- Stand in for the Cluster Coordinator, where and when necessary in meetings and in other external fora related to the WASH cluster
This position requires high flexibility and mobility in Kurdistan Region.
The applicant: You hold a Master Degree WASH-related technical training with a solid experience in WASH activities and at least 1 year as WASH Coordinator in humanitarian context.
You have a solid experience in representation and liaison with different partners (local authorities, UN agencies, INGO/NGO).
Recognized for your networking skills, you have excellent communication skills. You have the ability to identify, analyse humanitarian needs and provide potential solutions.
Good knowledge in proposal development process is a great asset.
Gross monthly salary ranging from €1805 to €2305 depending on relevant experience
Food and hygiene expenses, per diem, transportation costs, collective or individual accommodation, medical insurance
25 days of annual paid leaves and 20 days of rest and recuperation (R&R) per year
Couple status possible