SNV Netherlands Development Organisation is looking for a:
WASH Market Development Manager
Duty station: The Hague, The Netherlands
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation with long-term, local presence in over 30 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our team of advisors works with local partners to equip communities and businesses with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services. SNV works across three sectors: Agriculture, Renewable Energy and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene. Several international donors fund our programmes. SNV has a +100 million euro annual turnover and is aiming for further growth.
Our work in the WASH sector aims to improve the performance of all parties involved. We contribute to improved WASH service delivery, specifically access to safe, sufficient and reliable drinking water supply, access to improved sanitation, and sustained positive change in hygiene behavior.
In close collaboration with the WASH global sector team and country WASH teams, the Market Development Manager will significantly contribute to sector strategic positioning, resource mobilisation and overall marketing of SNV’s WASH sector among donors, partners, and customers in order to develop and maintain a healthy business ‘pipeline’. This is a senior position that will work within SNV’s Marketing and Business Development department, reporting to the Head of the department.
- Sector Intelligence and Trends: identify and analyse market developments, business development-related knowledge and trends within the WASH sector, and initiate internal knowledge sharing;
- Customer Strategy Development: contribute to corporate and sector marketing plans, prepare donor strategies and contribute to branding of SNV WASH products among stakeholders;
- Strategic Positioning: build and maintain successful relationships with relevant customers, partners, and donors;
- Opportunity Management and Prospecting: identify key funding opportunities at the global and at regional/multi-country levels, advise on partner selection and distribute timely and relevant opportunity information to internal stakeholders;
- Capture Planning: conduct relevant research to support bid decisions, and design and implement effective and efficient winning strategies to enable SNV to successfully compete for funds in the WASH market.
- Proposal Coordination: for large and/or regional opportunities, this position will serve as the prospect coordinator and develop proposals.
- Post-graduate qualification in a relevant field;
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in business development, marketing, and/or fundraising;
- Up-to-date knowledge in WASH, specifically in SNV’s WASH sub-sectors;
- Proven track record in resource mobilisation, programme design, proposal writing, business development and international donor relationship management;
- Established WASH, international development and donor networks and strong relationship management skills;
- Extensive knowledge of funding modalities and donor requirements related to international development;
- Demonstrated oral and written professional communication and public speaking skills (English required, French or Portuguese preferred);
- The successful candidate will be a self-motivated achiever with excellent teamwork, communication, networking and organisational skills.
DUTY STATION: The Hague, the Netherlands.
SALARY SCALE: Competitive package
CONTRACT PERIOD: 2 year national contract, extendable
DESIRED APPOINTMENT DATE: As soon as possible
Please apply by clicking on: https://snv.devhire.devex.com/jobs/331844 to complete your application in our in-house recruitment system before 11 September. An assessment could be part of the procedure. For more information, please visit our website: www.snvworld.org