Country: MYANMAR – Yangon
Length of contract: 12 months starting from the 1st July
The position: Under the supervision of the Director of Programs, you will have to coordinate and technically supervise ACF’s WASH and DRR programs in Myanmar, by ensuring the quality of implementation, as well as lead on WASH and DRR context analysis, strategy development, relationship-building and fund-raising to expand ACF’s WASH/DRR portfolio.
More precisely, the main responsibilities are:
Design ACF technical country strategy for WASH and DRR programming, as the overall technical lead
– Formulate or update the WASH and DRR strategy and contribute to the global country strategy, ensuring integration with other sectorsand cross-cutting issues (e.g. gender, protection, emergency preparedness, Do No Harm).
– Capitalize on ACF’s technical experience including good practices as well as dissemination and utilisation of documentation for discussion and development of guidelines of intervention
Ensure the active participation of ACF in national sectorial coordination and technical forums, and develop sectorial partnerships
– Represent ACF in dealings with national and international WASH and DRR authorities/stakeholders; participate to coordination meetings, working group and clusters informing on ACF positions and protocols.
– Develop a network among universities, private company, research institutes and relevant key stakeholders linked to WASH and DRR activities.
– Publish and produce information concerning technical progress, impact of programs, results of research internally or externally
Coordinate, monitor and develop the WASH and DRR programming in the country
– Support the teams in the identification of technical difficulties, troubleshooting and recommend credible and relevant solutions
– Ensure that technical monitoring tools are developed and used, including close follow-up of program indicators
– Develop concept notes, proposals and budgets that are relevant to the proposed geographic and sociocultural context
Human resources Management
– Take part in recruitment, training, orientation of WASH and DRR Program Managers, and be their functional manager
– Develop WASH and DRR competencies throughout the mission
– Identify various technical training needs of the team and ensure adequate and timely provision of identified trainings
Context : The Myanmar mission will be managing a portfolio of approximately EUR 8 million in 2017, spread across 12-14 separate donor contracts. It is a large mission of almost 600 staff, managing one of ACF’s largest Nutrition/Mental Health & Care Practises projects in the world.
Myanmar offers an extremely interesting contextual working environment, as it changes politically, develops economically and deals with peace within its borders while positing itself on the international stage. These are exciting times to be part of the country’s transition and support its people through one of ACF’s largest and longest-running programs in the world.
In general, there are regular but mostly manageable operational setbacks due to safety and security issues. However as of October 2016 the security within Rakhine State, especially that of Norther Rakhine State has become increasingly tenuous. During field visits, ACF staff will be expected to follow strict security guidelines and work within a context that is highly charged. Otherwise in Yangon, the situation is calm and the living conditions comparable to most major world cities.
The applicant: You hold a Master Degree WASH-related technical training with a solid experience of 5 years minimum in WASH and DRR activities and coordination in humanitarian contexts.
You demonstrate good proposal writing, networking and fundraising skills. You have proven capacity building and training skills. You have an excellent interpersonal, organizational, multitasking, team player and communication skills.
A proven experience on designing and managing disaster risk reduction program and experience
from working on integrated programs with WASH and Care Practices, and/or WASH and Nutrition or Health is highly desirable
You speak and write English fluently
Gross monthly salary ranging from €1805 to €2305 depending on relevant experience
Food and hygiene expenses, per diem, transportation costs, collective or individual accommodation, medical insurance
25 days of annual paid leaves and 20 days of rest and recuperation (R&R) per year
To apply, please visit our website: http://recrutement.actioncontrelafaim.org/positions/view/2733/A-WASH-Coordinator/