Oxford Policy Management (OPM) is seeking to recruit a full-time Senior WASH consultant to join our global water team based in our New Delhi, India office.
Your responsibilities will be centred on the following tasks and functions:
• Undertake a broad range of technical work on the WASH-related consultancy assignments in India (50% of your time)
• Lead the strategic development of the OPM’s markets in the Indian WASH sector. This entails expanding our networks with clients/partners, and developing project proposals with support from water team colleagues (20% of your time)
• Manage projects to a high-level of quality, professionalism and rigour, ensuring that projects are delivered to maximise OPM’s social (i.e. non-profit) impact objectives (20% of your time)
• Undertake technical work on water team projects in other countries around the world (10% of your time)
Successful applicants must have:
• An excellent academic record including a Master’s or PhD in a relevant subject (e.g. economics, engineering, or a relevant social science discipline)
• Extensive experience working in the Indian WASH sector, including an excellent understanding of federal and state level WASH policy and practice
• A track record of relevant analytical work, preferably regarding the evaluation of water supply and sanitation policy implementation
• A solid understand of the WASH consultancy market in India
• The ability to be a team player and use initiative to handle competing demands
• The ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients both verbally and in writing
• The ability to be flexible and take on new challenges
This is a permanent position based in our offices in New Delhi, India. The role will involve regular travel to different states in India to ensure effective design and implementation of projects (c.20% of time spent travelling), and occasionally overseas.
The closing date for applications is Friday 27th January 2017.
For application details and further information please go to to the full vacancy announcement.