Job Title: Director of international programs – One Drop
ONE DROP – THE ORGANIZATION
One Drop, an ambitious, agile and entrepreneurial non-profit organization created in 2007 by the founder of Cirque du Soleil, Guy Laliberté, strives to ensure that water is accessible to all, today and forever. As an emerging leader of the water, sanitation and hygiene sector (WASH), One Drop significantly and sustainably improves the living conditions of communities within developing countries worldwide through innovative water-access projects. To learn more, visit onedrop.org.
ONE DROP – THE PEOPLE
Such an ambitious mission calls for extraordinary measures delivered by exceptional people, and the men and women who lead at One Drop are those who step up to the plate. Charting paths through unfamiliar territory and inspiring everyone around them, they are constantly on the lookout for new opportunities within today’s challenges. You are one of these leaders. With your energy, passion and determination, you motivate and inspire those around you to use their clarity of vision, their enthusiasm and their will to succeed to turn dreams into reality. And you get results.
ONE DROP – A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY
One Drop is seeking a Director of International Programs ready to take on challenges in a stimulating, rapidly growing environment and entrepreneurial culture. Reporting to the Chief Program Officer of International Programs, the Director of International Programs will be responsible for managing all aspect of One Drop’s international programs for access to water and sanitation in developing countries.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Supervise the implementation of new and current water and sanitation programs in collaboration with the regional teams in Latin America, Africa and Asia, governments, funding and executing partners, and make sure quantitative and qualitative objectives are met;
- Manage a team of Regional Directors and Program Managers based in Montreal, by creating an environment of accountability, respect, motivation, professional growth, high productivity and efficiency;
- Manage partnership relations at the highest level, solve problems with financial and executing partners in situations unresolved by the team;
- Manage the consolidated budget administration of the programs, and ensure adequate pace of disbursements;
- Collaborate with the Director of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning to implement the monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) process in every program to ensure all key performance indicators and sustainability actions of each interventions are met;
- Work with the Director of Behavior Change and Social Art in every program to ensure the optimization of the social art tools as part of the behavioural change goals defined in each program;
- Work with the Director of Program Development to coordinate the transition of projects from their initial development stages through to their implementation;
- Plan the annual operations as part of One Drop’s annual business planning;
- Work with the other One Drop departments regarding fundraising and communication/marketing according to projects and their needs;
- Represent, when necessary, the organization within the community of experts in international programs for access to water and water management.
- Master’s degree in project management, international development or business management;
- Minimum of 10 years of experience managing projects funded by bilateral or multilateral organizations in international cooperation and/or a related sector;
- WASH sector experience, an asset;
- Excellent fluency in French and English, both spoken and written;
- Fluency in Spanish and Portuguese a definite asset;
- Proficient in Windows;
- Creative, entrepreneurial, ambitious, resourceful, dynamic and motivated;
- Ability to mobilize a team;
- Capacity for synthesis;
- Autonomous and rigorous;
- Thorough, result-oriented, and attentive to detail;
- Ability to conduct a financial analysis;
- Ability to work under pressure in a dynamic, multicultural and constantly evolving setting;
- Highly developed interpersonal skills;
- Availability to travel (about 50 % of the time).