IRC is an independent non-profit organisation and the international knowledge centre in the field of water supply, sanitation, hygiene (WASH) and integrated water resources management (IWRM) in developing countries.
IRC wants every person in the world to enjoy their human right to safe water, sanitation and hygiene, now and forever.
To help achieve its ambitions IRC is currently seeking candidates for the position of:
The CEO takes the lead in creating new funding opportunities, in supporting innovation and in developing and maintaining an international network of partners. The CEO is an inspiring personality who is able to further develop IRC as a professional organisation and to motivate staff to work as an effective interdisciplinary team.
- Academic level. An MSc from a recognized university in any of the following fields: natural sciences, engineering, social sciences.
- Knowledge of main concepts and trends in WASH/IWRM sector
- At least 10 years’ experience as manager of an organisation of professionals operating at the international level.
- A proven record in business development either for profit or non-profit organisations.
- Experienced in the field of international cooperation and development.
- Fluent in English, speaking and writing.
- Excellent communication skills with respect to professional and general service staff; ability to listen, challenge and convince.
- Obtaining a working permit for The Netherlands (granted automatically for EU citizens), and being physically based in the Netherlands.
Application deadline: 3 June 2013
For the full announcement and application details go to: http://www.irc.nl/page/79041
Please do not send requests for information or applicati0ns to the WASH Vacancies blog.
IRC is currently seeking candidates for the position of Web Writer / Sub-editor. The Web writer/sub-editor, reporting to the communications coordinator, serves IRC in two principal ways: as a writer and as an editor of electronic content. This individual carries responsibility for drafting and producing a wide range of materials, including feature stories, shorter articles for the website and the IRC’s e-newsletter; press releases and contribution to the annual report and other corporate products.
Salary + benefits: BBRA scale 9 up, 49 days leave per annum, a 13th month and participation in the Pension fund with ABP (partially paid by the employer).
- Bachelor degree in journalism, communication or field relevant for the function
- Native English speaker with a good knowledge of grammar, punctuation, style, and format. Knowledge of French or Spanish would be an advantage but not essential.
- At least 3 years of writing experience e.g. for publications, blogs, websites
- Relevant experience in science writing and working in the developing world is preferred
- Based in or willing to be based in the Netherlands
- Working permit for The Netherlands (granted automatically for EU citizens)
Application deadline: 02 June 2013
For more information and application details go to: www.irc.nl/page/78950
Please do not send requests for information or applications to the WASH Vacancies blog
UN REFERENT TECHNIQUE OPERATIONNEL EAU, ASSAINISSEMENT ET HYGIENE (H/F)
Tchad, République Centrafricaine, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire
Basé à Paris 14
Mission : Le Référent technique opérationnel Eau, Hygiène et Assainissement (EAH) travaille sous la supervision d’un Responsable Géographique, en lien fonctionnel avec l’expert EAH, et au sein d’une équipe pluridisciplinaire de 8 personnes. Sa mission est de garantir la conception et la qualité des programmes Eau Assainissement Hygiène dans les pays d’intervention d’ACF tout en assurant un support technique aux Coordinateurs et Responsables programmes EAH sur le terrain. Plus précisément, vous aurez les responsabilités suivantes :
- Apporter une analyse technique contextuelle
- Apporter des conseils techniques aux missions
- Promouvoir et évaluer la qualité technique des interventions EAH
- Développer l’expertise technique des équipes EAH
- Participer au management des ressources humaines de la filière métier EAH
- Favoriser les avancées techniques et contribuer au développement de l’expertise d’ACF sur le domaine EAH
Posted in Africa, Europe, NGOs
Tagged NGO, WASH