Opportunity to lead a new team which will provide technical expertise and support with regard to Health and WASH to all of our humanitarian programmes and partnerships across the world. Using your Health and WASH expertise, you and your team will oversee and ensure the delivery of the British Red Cross international strategy with the regional and emergency teams, working through and in support of the operations and programmes of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, the world’s largest independent humanitarian network.
Whilst ideally you will be familiar with the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, for this leadership role, key requirements include:
- extensive experience of working within health and/or WASH in an international humanitarian or development context;
- substantial experience of developing and managing technical expertise in health/WASH in a developing country context;
- considerable technical/professional knowledge within health and /or WASH;
- demonstrable knowledge of the role and function of associated technical, specialist and advisory support services;
- significant experience of influencing decision makers;
- leading and developing people, including remote management of overseas-based teams and matrix management.
If you believe you have the skills and experience to help achieve our ambitious targets in this key leadership role, please click on the following link to apply: https://jobs.redcross.org.uk/tlive1_webrecruitment/wrd/run/ETREC107GF.open?VACANCY_ID%3d103649479k%1BU&WVID=624080007l&LANG=USA
Closing date: 13 November 2014, 11:59 pm
Interviews will be held on Friday 21 November and Monday 24 November 2014.