Position and Overall Responsibilities
Reporting to the General Manager, the Manager of Finance and Administration (the “Manager”) will hold a key position in the small team which controls the operations of Clean Team’s expanding business.
As a start up enterprise, the Manager will have overall responsibility for ensuring that management information systems and controls are implemented both to accompany the growth of the business and to provide the stakeholders with accurate and timely data to develop the operations in accordance with an ambitious strategic plan. Accordingly, this represents an excellent opportunity for the Manager to join a business at an early stage and to be part of a professional team which will expand the business moving forward.
In the short term the Finance Manager will be the finance function and will have to adopt a “hands on” approach. It will require flexibility to deal with all issues arising from a spectrum which encompasses day to day transactions and specific project work.
These will comprise:
- Introduction of a robust system of financial accounting, controls and reporting – plans have been made to introduce a financial accounting software package (Quickbooks) to formulate and manage the company’s general ledger and reporting framework. The Manager will need to ensure that the software is fully functional to provide success in the achievement of such plans.
- Management of current and forecast cash flows – Cash reporting and controls are of high importance in this evolving business as a portion of the start up funds have been provided by foundations of international standing and there are a large number of cash transactions.
- Collection of overdue trade receivables – success in the preparation and follow up of aged analyses of trade receivables will be a major key performance indicator for the business. The Manager will represent an independent control function in ensuring that receivables are collected on time and in full; in order to do this, the Manager will work closely with the Project Manager and the 10 Service Associates whose responsibility is to expand and manage the portfolio of customers.
- Preparation of monthly trial balance and reports (Profit and Loss Account, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement together with supporting analyses).
- Preparation of annual budget.
- Management of payroll.
- Overseeing the appraisal and financial management of investments for expansion (e.g. possible construction of a “mega-plant”).
- Maintaining cost effective banking facilities and being the principal point of contact with the Bankers on day to day matters.
- Regulatory compliance – being a start up enterprise, the company is in the process of carrying out all necessary filings with the authorities. The Manager will act as Company Secretary to complete this task (in particular, registrations with the IRS, SSNIT, VAT authorities etc).
- Liaison with the company’s auditors to facilitate a speedy and efficient audit to provide an unqualified audit opinion.
- Ensuring that adequate insurance cover is in place for both personal and product liability.
Skills Required and Opportunity
The Manager will need to show the capability of introducing and managing a start up finance function. A prior knowledge of accounting softwares, in particular (Quickbooks), will be positively evaluated. Previous experience gained in working with Microsoft Excel will be necessary to meet certain reporting requirements.
A good knowledge of accounting principles and monthly financial reporting techniques is a prerequisite for the successful candidate to undertake this role.
Overall, the Manager will enjoy working within a small management team whose main focus is to successfully expand the business. The Manager will also appreciate that as the business grows, so will the required structure of the finance function, thereby offering an important opportunity for personal growth as well.
Qualification Required and Experience
- Minimum of first degree from accredited university, Accounting or related subject.
- Preferably ACCA part qualified to chartered
- Minimum of 4years experience
During a probationary period of 3 months, it is envisaged that a time commitment of 5 working days per week will be needed to carry out the aforementioned responsibilities. Thereafter, and in accordance with the Company’s expansion plans and timetable, the role will be full time.
To apply, please send CV and Cover Letter through email: To apply, please send CV and Cover Letter to the General Manager through email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for the submission of application is April 1, 2014.
NB: Please do not post applications or requests online on the washvacancies.wordpress.com web site.