SNV is looking for a WASH Sector Leader
Based in Nampula, Mozambique
International Contract, 12 months initial term
SNV is seeking qualified candidates for the position of WASH Sector Leader. The WASH Sector Leader is responsible for the overall quality of WASH programs content, business development / resource mobilization, steering the quality of technical advisory services, and overall management of the SNV WASH programmes for SNV in Mozambique. The WASH Sector Leader will enhance the quality and visibility of our WASH programs and position SNV within the national WASH sector. The WASH Sector Leader reports directly to the Country Director and collaborates closely with the WASH global sector team.
- Strategic Leadership: develop country level WASH strategy aligned to corporate WASH frameworks;
- Advisory Services: lead complex assignments, set benchmarks for results, and monitor quality of advisory services of the WASH sector team;
- Programme Management: deliver effective development results, planning and monitoring, financial management, and donor reporting;
- Business Development: develop proposals and secure funding for innovative WASH programmes;
- People Management: lead, manage, and coach the team of SNV advisors, local capacity builders and consultants;
- Monitoring & Evaluation: ensure uniform understanding and practice in planning, reporting, monitoring, and evaluation of WASH programs in line with SNV’s internal frameworks;
- Representation & Promotion: develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders to improve SNV market position and actively participate in external and internal networks.
- Relevant advanced academic qualification in WASH or related field;
- 7+ years of relevant experience in WASH service delivery (specifically in our three sub-areas) including at least 5 years in a management role, preferably in Africa;
- International work experience and the ability to lead a disparate team of multi-disciplinary advisors in a multi-cultural setting;
- Proven track record in resource mobilization; demonstrated programme design, proposal writing, business development, and international donor relationship management;
- Proven experience with project planning, monitoring, evaluation, reporting and financial management;
- Established WASH networks and strong relationship management skills;
- Proficiency in English and Portuguese required;
- The successful candidate will be a self-motivated achiever with excellent intercultural leadership, teamwork, coaching, communication, networking and organizational skills.
Start Date: February 2015
Working at SNV: SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, per international standards. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal global network of WASH experts. For more information, please visit our website: www.snvworld.org
How to apply
Please apply by completing your application in our in-house recruitment system: https://snv.devhire.devex.com/jobs/330325 before November 27, 2014.
Opportunity to lead a new team which will provide technical expertise and support with regard to Health and WASH to all of our humanitarian programmes and partnerships across the world. Using your Health and WASH expertise, you and your team will oversee and ensure the delivery of the British Red Cross international strategy with the regional and emergency teams, working through and in support of the operations and programmes of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, the world’s largest independent humanitarian network.
Whilst ideally you will be familiar with the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, for this leadership role, key requirements include:
- extensive experience of working within health and/or WASH in an international humanitarian or development context;
- substantial experience of developing and managing technical expertise in health/WASH in a developing country context;
- considerable technical/professional knowledge within health and /or WASH;
- demonstrable knowledge of the role and function of associated technical, specialist and advisory support services;
- significant experience of influencing decision makers;
- leading and developing people, including remote management of overseas-based teams and matrix management.
If you believe you have the skills and experience to help achieve our ambitious targets in this key leadership role, please click on the following link to apply: https://jobs.redcross.org.uk/tlive1_webrecruitment/wrd/run/ETREC107GF.open?VACANCY_ID%3d103649479k%1BU&WVID=624080007l&LANG=USA
Closing date: 13 November 2014, 11:59 pm
Interviews will be held on Friday 21 November and Monday 24 November 2014.
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation seeks an experienced WASH Team Leader / Programme Manager to lead a multi-country initiative to scale up our Sustainable Sanitation and Hygiene for All (SSH4A) approach. The programme – a results-based financing contract funded by DFID – aims to improve access to sanitation for millions of people in nine countries in Africa and Asia. The SSH4A Programme combines work in demand creation – primarily CLTS – sanitation supply chains, hygiene BCC, and governance.
*If you meet the below stated qualifications and think you could be our next Team Leader, please submit your cover letter and CV to SNV via our on-line recruiting system https://snv.devhire.devex.com/jobs/330029 on or before 12 October 2014*
- Provide strategic leadership and guidance to country programme implementation;
- Directly manage the Programme Management Team (PMT) and matrix-manage the country level project teams;
- Guide and approve country level results (milestones, deliverables and impact) as a basis for internal invoicing by countries;
- Coordinate and facilitate all programme interfaces, teamwork and relationships including Finance, HR, administration, donor reporting, contract compliance, budget revisions, stakeholder engagement and communication at the multi-country level;
- Regularly monitor results and internal budgets as per donor and SNV requirements and through continuous risk management efforts;
- Represent the SSH4A Results Programme within SNV and to donors and clients;
- Ensure full and complete programme documentation as well as compliance with all SNV project-related systems and processes and donor requirements (where applicable);
- Facilitate and contribute to knowledge development, in particular further development of the rural SSH4A product in SNV.
- Mandatory: ten (10) years or more of progressively responsible work experience in rural sanitation (CLTS, sanitation marketing and innovative hygiene promotion) in multiple countries;
- Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline;
- Proven ability to manage development projects in WASH, preferably in a multi-country context;
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead teams operating at a distance;
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills and experience working in a matrix organisation;
- Excellent (English) communication (written and oral), reporting and presentation skills;
- Willingness to travel routinely to all project locations;
- Experience with DFID WASH programmes desired;
- Successful candidates will be proactive and entrepreneurial with demonstrated ability to lead teams to achieve quality and timely results in a multi-cultural, multi-country context.
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
Contract type and duration: initial contract term 2 years, international contract
Working at SNV: SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, per international standards. We offer opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. For more information, please visit our website: www.snvworld.org
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization. Founded in the Netherlands nearly 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in 38 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organizations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.