SNV Netherlands Development Organisation seeks an experienced WASH Team Leader / Programme Manager to lead a multi-country initiative to scale up our Sustainable Sanitation and Hygiene for All (SSH4A) approach. The programme – a results-based financing contract funded by DFID – aims to improve access to sanitation for millions of people in nine countries in Africa and Asia. The SSH4A Programme combines work in demand creation – primarily CLTS – sanitation supply chains, hygiene BCC, and governance.
*If you meet the below stated qualifications and think you could be our next Team Leader, please submit your cover letter and CV to SNV via our on-line recruiting system https://snv.devhire.devex.com/jobs/330029 on or before 12 October 2014*
- Provide strategic leadership and guidance to country programme implementation;
- Directly manage the Programme Management Team (PMT) and matrix-manage the country level project teams;
- Guide and approve country level results (milestones, deliverables and impact) as a basis for internal invoicing by countries;
- Coordinate and facilitate all programme interfaces, teamwork and relationships including Finance, HR, administration, donor reporting, contract compliance, budget revisions, stakeholder engagement and communication at the multi-country level;
- Regularly monitor results and internal budgets as per donor and SNV requirements and through continuous risk management efforts;
- Represent the SSH4A Results Programme within SNV and to donors and clients;
- Ensure full and complete programme documentation as well as compliance with all SNV project-related systems and processes and donor requirements (where applicable);
- Facilitate and contribute to knowledge development, in particular further development of the rural SSH4A product in SNV.
- Mandatory: ten (10) years or more of progressively responsible work experience in rural sanitation (CLTS, sanitation marketing and innovative hygiene promotion) in multiple countries;
- Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline;
- Proven ability to manage development projects in WASH, preferably in a multi-country context;
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead teams operating at a distance;
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills and experience working in a matrix organisation;
- Excellent (English) communication (written and oral), reporting and presentation skills;
- Willingness to travel routinely to all project locations;
- Experience with DFID WASH programmes desired;
- Successful candidates will be proactive and entrepreneurial with demonstrated ability to lead teams to achieve quality and timely results in a multi-cultural, multi-country context.
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
Contract type and duration: initial contract term 2 years, international contract
Working at SNV: SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, per international standards. We offer opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. For more information, please visit our website: www.snvworld.org
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization. Founded in the Netherlands nearly 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in 38 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organizations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.