Location: Arlington, VA
Job Title: Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) Learning and Data Associate
Background on GETF:
The Global Environment & Technology Foundation (GETF) is a not-for-profit organization based in the Washington D.C. area that works with all sectors in society to create the infrastructure necessary to achieve sustainable development. GETF specializes in providing strategic guidance on water and other environmental issues to government and business clients and developing and facilitating successful public-private partnership for sustainability. GETF’s current clients include Fortune 500 companies, the US Government and communities.
This position will support work related to learning and data throughout GETF’s diverse WASH portfolio, and beyond. This employee will be responsible for helping to gather and identify meaning from many types of information, both qualitative and quantitative. This position will provide support on tasks ranging
from monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management, process development, and leading organizational improvement. This position will also provide data and learning support to programs including implementation in the field, web portals, conferences, portfolio management, and more.
A key piece of this work will focus on helping the water sector learn and improve its ability to develop water services that last over time. This will be achieved by supporting the organizing of webinars, WASH Sustainability Forums, and helping to lead additional WASH sustainability efforts to ensure effective
learning across the sector.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is always looking to see how things can be improved, and can get a team excited about their work. This person must have the ability to turn data into stories, and can easily use diverse evidence sources to find solutions to any problem.
BA or higher in related field (e.g. hydro-engineering, data science, international development, etc.)
- Endless curiosity
- High level of flexibility
- Ability to turn an idea or concept into an actual program
- Good attention to detail
- Strong critical thinker
- Creative problem solver
- Entrepreneurial spark
- Ability to plan for multiple steps in a process
- Excellent administrative, organizational, and management abilities with key attention to detail
- Effective oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work and troubleshoot in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
- Ability to work individually or collaboratively with a team
- Familiarity with data management programs (MS Access, SPSS, GIS, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Successful fundraising experience
- Experience with international development
- Monitoring and Evaluation experience
- Time spent working, volunteering, living, studying, or travelling abroad, especially in developing nations
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Jenny.Bennett@GETF.org.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.