GOAL is taking on the management of an Ebola Treatment Centre (ETC) in Sierra Leone in response to the on-going Ebola outbreak. This facility will be fitted with adequate water, sanitation and waste management infrastructure and GOAL will be required to ensure this infrastructure is adequately operated and maintained throughout the period of ETC management and that staff using this infrastructure follow suitable procedures minimise risks.
The WASH ETC Lead will be responsible for managing engineering staff and ensuring all WASH related infrastructure is operating within specified standards to ensure a safe working environment for ETC staff and minimise the risk of other diseases. The role will also manage infection control managers and ensure suitable Standard Operating Procedures are in place and adhered to by hygienists operating within the ETC. The role will manage three additional international staff, and where applicable link to the on-going outreach activities as related to WASH.
Application deadline: 05 December 2014
For the full vacancy announcement and application information go to:
Water For People is currently recruiting for the position of Director of Program Quality to lead their International Programs team at their headquarters in Denver, Colorado, USA. This position reports to the Vice President of International Programs.
- Oral and written Spanish language
- At least 10 years of experience in water, sanitation, and hygiene or similar field, with at least five years of developing country field experience designing and implementing programs
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
Application deadline: 5pm MT, Monday, December 8th, 2014
For the full vacancy announcement and application details go to:
SNV is looking for a WASH Sector Leader
Based in Nampula, Mozambique
International Contract, 12 months initial term
SNV is seeking qualified candidates for the position of WASH Sector Leader. The WASH Sector Leader is responsible for the overall quality of WASH programs content, business development / resource mobilization, steering the quality of technical advisory services, and overall management of the SNV WASH programmes for SNV in Mozambique. The WASH Sector Leader will enhance the quality and visibility of our WASH programs and position SNV within the national WASH sector. The WASH Sector Leader reports directly to the Country Director and collaborates closely with the WASH global sector team.
- Strategic Leadership: develop country level WASH strategy aligned to corporate WASH frameworks;
- Advisory Services: lead complex assignments, set benchmarks for results, and monitor quality of advisory services of the WASH sector team;
- Programme Management: deliver effective development results, planning and monitoring, financial management, and donor reporting;
- Business Development: develop proposals and secure funding for innovative WASH programmes;
- People Management: lead, manage, and coach the team of SNV advisors, local capacity builders and consultants;
- Monitoring & Evaluation: ensure uniform understanding and practice in planning, reporting, monitoring, and evaluation of WASH programs in line with SNV’s internal frameworks;
- Representation & Promotion: develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders to improve SNV market position and actively participate in external and internal networks.
- Relevant advanced academic qualification in WASH or related field;
- 7+ years of relevant experience in WASH service delivery (specifically in our three sub-areas) including at least 5 years in a management role, preferably in Africa;
- International work experience and the ability to lead a disparate team of multi-disciplinary advisors in a multi-cultural setting;
- Proven track record in resource mobilization; demonstrated programme design, proposal writing, business development, and international donor relationship management;
- Proven experience with project planning, monitoring, evaluation, reporting and financial management;
- Established WASH networks and strong relationship management skills;
- Proficiency in English and Portuguese required;
- The successful candidate will be a self-motivated achiever with excellent intercultural leadership, teamwork, coaching, communication, networking and organizational skills.
Start Date: February 2015
Working at SNV: SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, per international standards. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal global network of WASH experts. For more information, please visit our website: www.snvworld.org
How to apply
Please apply by completing your application in our in-house recruitment system: https://snv.devhire.devex.com/jobs/330325 before November 27, 2014.