Splash is an international charitable organization headquartered in Seattle, WA and founded in 2007. Our mission is to change the lives of vulnerable children in impoverished urban areas by providing clean drinking water to orphanages, street shelters, rescue homes, schools, and children’s hospitals. Small, young and growing, Splash is in a unique position to be groundbreaking in the WASH sector, able to try new approaches to address the needs of urban kids. In six years, we have brought and continue to provide safe drinking water to over 230,000 children in cities around the world. To learn more, please visit http://www.splash.org.
The Health & Hygiene Manager is responsible for design, oversight, implementation and evaluation of all work related to Health & Hygiene (H&H) in countries where Splash’s water programs currently exist, as well as in countries where we will expand. The H&H Manager must have extensive knowledge of standard practices and goals in the larger Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) sector. S/he will manage the day-to-day activities of Country Hygiene Coordinators and Promoters. The H&H Manager has the opportunity to break new ground in the nonprofit water sector by working to create and implement innovative, imaginative solutions to the challenging field of urban water health and hygiene for children.
This full-time position is based in Seattle, WA USA.
- BA or BS in Public Health, Education, Community/International Development, Environmental Engineering. Masters preferred
- At least 3 years experience working in international development on WASH-related programs
- Highly proficient in the WASH sector, conversant on current sector thinking especially as relevant to hygiene education and behavior change methodologies
- Experience in curriculum design and teaching elementary education a plus
For the full Job Description and to Apply, please visit http://splash.org/careers
IRC is an independent non-profit organisation and the international knowledge centre in the field of water supply, sanitation, hygiene (WASH) and integrated water resources management (IWRM) in developing countries.
IRC wants every person in the world to enjoy their human right to safe water, sanitation and hygiene, now and forever.
To help achieve its ambitions IRC is currently seeking candidates for the position of:
The CEO takes the lead in creating new funding opportunities, in supporting innovation and in developing and maintaining an international network of partners. The CEO is an inspiring personality who is able to further develop IRC as a professional organisation and to motivate staff to work as an effective interdisciplinary team.
- Academic level. An MSc from a recognized university in any of the following fields: natural sciences, engineering, social sciences.
- Knowledge of main concepts and trends in WASH/IWRM sector
- At least 10 years’ experience as manager of an organisation of professionals operating at the international level.
- A proven record in business development either for profit or non-profit organisations.
- Experienced in the field of international cooperation and development.
- Fluent in English, speaking and writing.
- Excellent communication skills with respect to professional and general service staff; ability to listen, challenge and convince.
- Obtaining a working permit for The Netherlands (granted automatically for EU citizens), and being physically based in the Netherlands.
Application deadline: 3 June 2013
For the full announcement and application details go to: http://www.irc.nl/page/79041
Please do not send requests for information or applicati0ns to the WASH Vacancies blog.
IRC is currently seeking candidates for the position of Web Writer / Sub-editor. The Web writer/sub-editor, reporting to the communications coordinator, serves IRC in two principal ways: as a writer and as an editor of electronic content. This individual carries responsibility for drafting and producing a wide range of materials, including feature stories, shorter articles for the website and the IRC’s e-newsletter; press releases and contribution to the annual report and other corporate products.
Salary + benefits: BBRA scale 9 up, 49 days leave per annum, a 13th month and participation in the Pension fund with ABP (partially paid by the employer).
- Bachelor degree in journalism, communication or field relevant for the function
- Native English speaker with a good knowledge of grammar, punctuation, style, and format. Knowledge of French or Spanish would be an advantage but not essential.
- At least 3 years of writing experience e.g. for publications, blogs, websites
- Relevant experience in science writing and working in the developing world is preferred
- Based in or willing to be based in the Netherlands
- Working permit for The Netherlands (granted automatically for EU citizens)
Application deadline: 02 June 2013
For more information and application details go to: www.irc.nl/page/78950
Please do not send requests for information or applications to the WASH Vacancies blog
201304 GB RP WASH Sittwe
We are looking for: A WATER, SANITATION and HYGIENE PROGRAM MANAGER
Country: Myanmar – based in Sittwe
Length of Contract: 6 months, starting May the 15th
General objective and responsibilities: To identify and implement high quality WASH activities, which are appropriate and comprehensive, in conformity with overarching strategy and the standards set internationally, by ACF and by national policies.
UN REFERENT TECHNIQUE OPERATIONNEL EAU, ASSAINISSEMENT ET HYGIENE (H/F)
Tchad, République Centrafricaine, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire
Basé à Paris 14
Mission : Le Référent technique opérationnel Eau, Hygiène et Assainissement (EAH) travaille sous la supervision d’un Responsable Géographique, en lien fonctionnel avec l’expert EAH, et au sein d’une équipe pluridisciplinaire de 8 personnes. Sa mission est de garantir la conception et la qualité des programmes Eau Assainissement Hygiène dans les pays d’intervention d’ACF tout en assurant un support technique aux Coordinateurs et Responsables programmes EAH sur le terrain. Plus précisément, vous aurez les responsabilités suivantes :
- Apporter une analyse technique contextuelle
- Apporter des conseils techniques aux missions
- Promouvoir et évaluer la qualité technique des interventions EAH
- Développer l’expertise technique des équipes EAH
- Participer au management des ressources humaines de la filière métier EAH
- Favoriser les avancées techniques et contribuer au développement de l’expertise d’ACF sur le domaine EAH
Posted in Africa, Europe, NGOs
Tagged NGO, WASH
NICHOLAS INSTITUTE DIRECTOR, WATER POLICY, NICHOLAS INSTITUTE FOR ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY SOLUTIONS, DUKE UNIVERSITY
The Nicholas Institute for Environmental Policy solutions is seeking a Director for its water policy program. The Nicholas Institute improves environmental policymaking worldwide through objective, fact-based research and policy engagement at local, national and international scales. The Nicholas Institute is part of Duke University and its wider community of world-class scholars. This unique resource allows the Nicholas Institute’s team of economists, scientists, lawyers and policy experts to not only deliver timely, credible analyses to a wide variety of decision makers, but convene these individuals to discuss and achieve common understandings regarding this century’s most pressing environmental problems.
The water program director position oversees the research and engagement of water policy or water finance in the areas of water supply and quality. The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience related to policy, planning, governance, or business, dimensions of water supply, water quality, and effects of climate change on water resources. The Water Policy Program Director assists the Nicholas Institute Director in the development and implementation of a plan for strategic growth of the Nicholas Institute’s water program. Additionally, the Program Director helps direct the program’s fund raising activities with private foundations, corporate foundations, and corporations. This position is not a faculty position, but would afford opportunities to interact and collaborate with faculty and students.